Staging Your House
Professional home staging is a tried and true tactic applied to sell a house here in Orange Park. Home staging benefits include fewer days on the market and higher bids. And you should certainly think about professional home staging if you need a fast home sale.
Home staging is part of preparing your home for sale. Staging concentrates energy on your home's presentation to buyers while showing off the details of your home with strategically placed furniture and pictures so that your home feels bigger and buyers can imagine their lives in your home.
Preparing your home to sell doesn't have to be another hurdle in getting your home sold. It can actually be a blast. Together, we'll strive for a top dollar bid for your home's sale. Below are a few home staging tricks to get you started:
Curb Appeal Checklist
Curb appeal is your best chance to make a strong first impression on buyers from a street perspective. The pluses and minuses that jump out at buyers create their initial opinion of your home and how you upkeep home's regular maintenance.Understanding this assists us in determining what actions we can take to draw buyers from the street and into your house. If your home's exterior isn't as neat as possible with retouched paint and blooming greenery it's time to get those things done. Refer to the Curb Appeal Checklist and raise your home's final selling price.
Curb Appeal Checklist+
- Inspect the outside ground. Remove any building materials, scrap wood, discarded household items, etc. from the property. Store garbage cans in the garage.
- Check the home from the roof line down.
- Is the roof free and clear from obstructions and moss?
- Are the gutters clear and neatly hung?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned?
- Inspect the condition of the paint or siding?
- Is it time to power wash the siding?
- Is touch up paint needed?
- Is the front door in good shape?
- Do flower beds need an upgrade?
- Are plants neatly pruned?
- Is the bed free and clear of weeds?
- Is the bed properly mulched?
- Are flowers in bloom?
- Keep the lawn neatly groomed.
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?
Welcome Home Checklist
Does your home seem to say, "This is Your Next House" to a buyer? Looking through your property with a critical eye, I'll recommend changes that enhance market appeal. I'll help you take away anything that gives the appearance of clutter. Table and counter tops should be free and clear. Brick-a-brack, souvenirs, family photos, and play time artwork should get moved out of sight. You need to "generalize" the home so buyers can see it as their new house.
I'll review every room of your home. Improvements that directly affect your sale price include fixable like pieces of furniture that should be rearranged, rooms that need new paint, carpet that needs changing, fixtures that need polishing, and windows that need cleaning.
With me by your side, you'll know that your house is appealing and that it's comfortable, avoiding "offensive" or "too-bright" colors on the walls and furniture. And if none of your belongings are there, you can think about renting furnishings. The goal is for your house to look ready to live in as opposed to vacated.
Setting the Stage
At your Open House, we want to engage the buyer's senses. Dark rooms can really dampen a buyer's spirits, so we'll do things like part the curtains and change light bulbs where needed to welcome the buyer. Together we'll enhance the air of the house with enjoyable music to listen to while guests enjoy your home and assure a delightful fragrance flows room-to-room. We'll make use of cozy-looking throws, and throw pillows on your couch and bed. We want buyers to feel like your current house has the potential to be.